7900gt temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjamonkey

Baseband Member
I am pretty sure that my 7900gt is running very hot. The card idles between 66 degrees Celsius and 69 degrees Celsius depending on the room temperature.

I ran atitool's artifact detector, the temperature maxed out at 110 degrees Celsius and then backed down to 108 and stayed there. There were no artifacts found, but it can't be good for my card to be running this hot.

My idle cpu and mobo temps are 47 and 44 degrees Celsius respectively. (taken with everest and coretemp).

This card is about 14 months old and is running at stock speeds. I'm not sure if this would warrant a RMA, I have a feeling that it does not. Any advice?

it sounds pretty normal to run like that , my x1300pro runs around 50-55*c with a pci fan card and AS5 paste on it

sylwek....How does 66-69C idle and 110C load, sound normal? That's too high, IMO.

ninjamonkey....Get either a side intake fan, if your case allows, to help cool off that card. Or get an aftermarket cooler, such as the Zalman VF900.

I ran atitool's artifact detector, the temperature maxed out at 110 degrees Celsius and then backed down to 108 and stayed there. There were no artifacts found, but it can't be good for my card to be running this hot.
yeah, that's not a good temperature for the card to run at. When I had my 7900 GT, it was maxing out at around 75 or so.... when I increased the voltage to 1.68V and overclocked it to 750MHZ.
Though I had a Zalman VF900 on it. You might want to try a cooler like that on your card.

Make 100% sure there is NO dust in your computer or on your Graphics card.

It heated my comp up by 50% and after i cleaned it i get 46-48 idle on my x1950gt and about 40 idle on my cpu (was at 80 :eek: )

I wouldn't say dust is a factor of heat, but a factor that causes heat to increase, because dust acts as an insulator.

sylwek....How does 66-69C idle and 110C load, sound normal? That's too high, IMO.

ninjamonkey....Get either a side intake fan, if your case allows, to help cool off that card. Or get an aftermarket cooler, such as the Zalman VF900.

i dont trust in software temperature monitors , o ya i didnt catch the 100*c he wrote. 66*c does sound normal to me since its summer , mine runs close to that even tho its a weaker card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom