7900GT and Artifacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Hi All, have an eVGA 7900GT KO, I've had it about 11 months and starting to get artifacts. In games I get these lines that are attached to things that stretch out to the edge of the screen, sometimes 20 or so at a time. Also getting brightly colored dots appearing on my desktop and even on the black post screen when booting up. I tried wiping out all my old Nvidia drivers and reinstalling new ones but that didn't help. The temps on the card seem fine. On another forum someone said to underclock the card or just clock it back to factory not overclocked settings. How can I do this? It sounds like if that doesn't fix the problems I may have bad ram on the card. I'm sure eVGA can RMA one for me I'm guessing I'll just get stuck paying shipping to them. (hopefully not there and back) It was one of the original 7900GT's and I heard they had a lot of problems.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, I may as well just RMA it. The fact that it worked fine up until a point and then went crazy even after a complete HDD wipe and clean OS install makes me think there's something wrong with it.

In the mean time I may as well check out that ATITool beta and see how it works :)

The card was RMA'd and had defective Video Ram. If anyone else runs into the same troubles, that's likely the cause, especially if it was an early model 7900GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom