7900 gt xfx extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonanse

Baseband Member
when i bought this card it said 520 mhz core and 1.5ghz memory? not bad for 300$.. but when i was looking at the option for overclocking which i didn't click yes to overclock it showed grayed out 520 mhz core 3/8 to the end of the sliding bar and my memory speed 750mhz 3/4 to the end of the bar. i thought something was wrong and even my friend with 6800 agp is getting faster stock speed than me

it was called xfx geforce 7900gt extreme (520hz) got a 3dmark 7340 scored does that sound right?

slick_tech15 said:
I'd say maybe 590 Mhz core and 825 Mhz memory, which is 1650.
thanks i sent a email to the manufacture 1 hour ago and they gave me this(thank god for actually good tech support)

Dear Ben, The card has DDR@ so the number is doubled for actual memory speed. 750 X 2 = 1500. please let us know if we can be of any further help. Thanks, Curtis

you were right o and thanks for the overclocking specs but should i use riva tuner? also what do they mean by the DRR@?

also does running quake 4 at everything max at 1600X1200 getting a verage of 11fps to Fear 1600X1200 max with 30fps average sound right to you because that's what i got

IT doesnt matter how you over clock it. with Rivatuner or just by enableing the hidden O/C tab in Nvidia's display panel. they do the exact same thing... just dont use more then 1 overclocking program at the same time, they could be both installed but dont change option in 2 programs at once..... i personaly just use the Hidden OC tab in Nv settings.

dont know about those games, iv only ran Doom'3 timedemo regaurding any game.

But i can probably take a guess at why your score is lower then that guys you linked to....

1 - he's overclocking. if you wont to compair your card at the same speed... he's only using a modest safe OC aswell, so you could just set your card to 580/1600(800mhz mem in options) and then run 3dmark.

2 - your score might still be a tad lower then his though because of your Cas3 ram, and he had a NF4 board with no onboard native display adapter... Dont know if that may also help his score or not.. but i do know Biostar is regarded by a lot of people as crap.

your score and performance in general though does not apear to me to be out of the norm. its just no ulra high performance because of some of the cheap parts of your system... witch i might add Aspire is a crappy PSU brand.

i assume your when you ran Q4 you had Antialiasing and AF way up too? right... cause low FPS with all that **** maxed isnormal, buf if you were using max setting without AA, then that is not normal.

jolancer said:
IT doesnt matter how you over clock it. with Rivatuner or just by enableing the hidden O/C tab in Nvidia's display panel. they do the exact same thing... just dont use more then 1 overclocking program at the same time, they could be both installed but dont change option in 2 programs at once..... i personaly just use the Hidden OC tab in Nv settings.

dont know about those games, iv only ran Doom'3 timedemo regaurding any game.

But i can probably take a guess at why your score is lower then that guys you linked to....

1 - he's overclocking. if you wont to compair your card at the same speed... he's only using a modest safe OC aswell, so you could just set your card to 580/1600(800mhz mem in options) and then run 3dmark.

2 - your score might still be a tad lower then his though because of your Cas3 ram, and he had a NF4 board with no onboard native display adapter... Dont know if that may also help his score or not.. but i do know Biostar is regarded by a lot of people as crap.

your score and performance in general though does not apear to me to be out of the norm. its just no ulra high performance because of some of the cheap parts of your system... witch i might add Aspire is a crappy PSU brand.

i assume your when you ran Q4 you had Antialiasing and AF way up too? right... cause low FPS with all that **** maxed isnormal, buf if you were using max setting without AA, then that is not normal.
thanks but what would you recommned for my next motherboard, memory, and psu? also i was kinda on a buget so i took what i could get..

but it does seem odd that i can play FEAR max out 1600x1200 at 30fps and quake 4 max at 11 is there more shadowing need making it harder on the gpu compared to FEAR?

another one is could i be lagging from bad response time from montoir too it's a dell p991, found it in someones trash actually...so you get what you take

ram -
2GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231032
or 1GB,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820144114
Both look good with good prices, up to you though how much ram you wont, and your budget.

this thread lists most good and bad PSU brands... http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=792566
link to one of the cheapest good budget PSU's i know of without any sales.... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104954

when i look for a motherboard, i avoid boards with built in display adapters... and try and stick with these brands, most of them are Nforce boards anyway, but try and stick with Nforce.... Gigabyte, MSI, ASUS, DFI.... might be a couple im forgetting.

i wouldnt go with DFI though unless you get that specific Lanparty board (i forget exactly what its called), otherwise the DFI's may just be problematic.

EDIT: o yea... your Monitor wont affect game performance at all, unless you have Vsync enabled... Q4 and FEAR are 2 totally different game engines, so they will perform differently. there are sertain settings in games also that kill FPS, such as High/MAX Antialiasing, Vsync, and if aplicable HDR... if you wont a better compairision, youd wont to list what you have each setting at, and your current Nvidia Advanced Display setting. /right click desktop/properties/settings/advanced/geforce/performance-quality

some people may put there performance/image quality lower when they run Benchmarks such as 3Dmark, just to get a little higher score then other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom