7900 GT overheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eipeks

In Runtime
So, the GPU hits temps of 94 C during normal gameplay. All sorts of strange things happen, textures warping, game slows down....etc...I've been reading this is a common problem with the 7900 cards.

Are there any ways people have solved this issue? What fans or settings have you changed to help with this?

As well, how can I tell which card it is exactly. This is for a friend and I cannot access the card itself. I know I used to have a proggy that would give you entire system info. Not CPU-Z, but it was something similar. There used to be a link here, but i can't find it.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

GPU-Z will give you a ton of info about it. As will Everest or PC Wizard 08.

94 is pretty hot...I have my card voltmodded and the max it's ever hit is 83 while stressed under ATiTool...gaming is always well below 70. I also have a side fan blowing outside air onto the card, and I removed the PCI slot things, and mounted a fan blowing air out below the card.

I would say, take the card out, spray out all the dust in the HSF with compressed air and see if that helps. Also try to mount a fan that blows air onto, away from, or across the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom