7900 GS dual output problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwr89

Baseband Member
So I moved into college 3 days ago. I have a television, and a PC with a 7900 GS. I just upgraded from a 19in CRT to a 22 inch wide LCD. it was an HP CRT to a Viewsonic LCD. now, I made the mistake of installing the drivers for the viewsonic even though it worked without them. stupid me. so I have a TV but no DVD player, so I decided to just run an S-video out of the 7900 GS into the TV. it worked perfectly took nearly no time to set up with my CRT. but now all I get is the option for a **** HDTV in the Nvidia dual output manager. not just a regular S-Video TV. I've run the wizards and forced it to see a TV and nothing so far has worked. What should I do?

thanks!
~Casey

Hello,

SVideo can not do HD signals. That would be your first limitation there. SVideo is just 1 step above Composite and only from Component to DVI to HDMI can do HD signals. So if you are trying to send a HD signal thru your SVideo to your TV it wont ever work.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

Have you gone into the Video card settings and turned on the 2nd monitor? I think that is how it has to be done.

Cheers,
Mak

yeah, I've gone into both the Nvidia window and set up dual monitors AND I went into the windows XP display properties and did it. No, I've gotten it to work. its like it just doesn't want to send signal out its S-video anymore. I even got the latest Nvidia drivers...

~Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom