7800 GT OC SLI Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apocalypse-X

Solid State Member
I have 2 GeForce 7800 GT OC cards, The Lanprty NF4 motherbaord, Both my video cards work, but i cannot get them to SLI, in the options menu it sais that i need two video cards that are the same....mine are the same..but it wont work.
-Thanks

im a n00b when it comes to this kinda stuff but i have a suggestion. If the 2 cards are overclocked do they have to be exactly the same speed wise? So if one is OC a bit more than the other they will have different speeds and the PC will read them as different cards.

Sos if i wasted ur time with that answer as i said im a n00b when it comes to this stuff.

are they the same manufacturers??? is the SLI Connector on both tight and secure.. my friend rigged his without changing jumpers

Nubius said:
you moved the jumpers on the motherboard to SLI position right?

That being the little 'EZ' selector card in between to PCI-E 16x slots; make sure it's in the dual card position.

Otherwise, there should be an option for SLI in BIOS. As an Asus user I can't tell you exactly where to go, but make sure SLI configuration is set to 'Auto'.

That being the little 'EZ' selector card in between to PCI-E 16x slots; make sure it's in the dual card position.
the DFI boards have jumpers, not a card like I'm sure your ASUS has....it's like 16 jumpers that need to be moved over, but it's not 16 seperate jumpers, it's like 4 jumpers connected together so you're only moving 4 pieces.

ok i h

Ok, I had the jumpers wrong on the motherboard. After i switched them to the right position, i fired up the machine and i hear windows start but all i see is black screen. Somone told me that its a conflict with onboard video, but i looked in the BIOS and the device manager and i saw nothing. If ther was onboard it would be in the Display adapters..
Thanks

there is no on board video on those boards, so go tell whoever told you that, that they are an idiot. DFI boards are known for the fact that they are the best overclocking boards with the widest range of options...onboard video generally = cheap boards used for just powering a PC and nothing more.

Maybe you just need to reseat your cards or something since you would have had to remove em to move the jumpers...that's all I can think of since you said you knew each card worked

Nubius said:
the DFI boards have jumpers

Ahhh... My bad.

Apocalypse-X: Are you postive both cards are working (have you tried them individually)?. If so, make sure the SLI bridge is securely in place, and that both cards are correctly seated...

What PSU do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom