750gig hdd problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

epcon

Beta member
ok i got a Seagate 750gig hdd from a old computer of a friends, and im trying to use it in my computer just for the extra space... but it wont show up in the bios or windows, and when its pluged up it cos my computer to boot three times as slow, it will stick at the post screen but will go by it a couple of mins later. its sata... ive allready using another sata 750 hdd and a sata dvd burner... its no big deal if its dead or not, i would just like to use it... and its sata2. i thought about maybe capping it at 150mb but will that change anything? my mobo is sata 2 so i know thats not the problem. i just cant think of anything else to try so i anyone has any ideas that would be awesome.

Hello,

Have you checked your BIOS to see if you have to turn the SATA Drive On? My BIOS operates this way. I have 4 SATA Ports. I have to manually turn them on with a drive connected for them to be recognized.

Cheers,
Mak

well i put the jumper on it to limit it down to sata1 speed and still nothing... im pretty sure that my bios is set to auto but ill check it to be sure. thx

im pretty sure the drive is just bad... oh well if it is...no biggy

Hello,

SATA Drives do not use Jumpers. So if you had to set a jumper then i would say that it isnta SATA Drive. ;)

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom