680i + vista 64 = no sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok, i havent touched my vista partition for a few weeks, last night i decided i was gonna install stalker. Install everything just fine, then i notice, hey i have no sound. Any ideas? I have tried using the CD, the nvidia website, and windows update. Just installed sp1 also, and none of these have fixed it. What gives, it was working the last time i was on the partition.

You installed the drivers i suppose.

Idk about with vista... but the 680i has that crappy realtek stuff or whatever... ****es me off every time i have to get sound up on there after reformats.

I fixed it. Apparently one of the vista updates broke the realtek drivers. There is a new realtek driver out there that was released on 3/18.

Good thing it wasn't the SP1 that ruined the driver eh? I haven't had a problem with it overwriting my previous driver yet. Seems to still work so I know to leave it be for now.

Nah the problem was there before i installed SP1. Installed sp1 and it was still there so a little googling and i found that realtek had a fix. No clue why an update would have killed the sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom