640 GB Drive showing as 127 GB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
I'm trying to install XP on my new 640 GB Western Digital SE16 drive... however when I boot with the XP disk, it only shows a 127 GB drive with the 640 GB drive plugged in... what is going on?

When I boot into XP on my existing installation on my 250 GB hard drive, the Local Disk Management utlity recognies the 640 GB hard drive and I can even format it... and acess it within windows, but when I boot into the disk again, its still 127 GB...

What am I supposed to do? Its my first time getting a new hard drive... 0_0

and no, there is no unpartioned space that accounts for the rest of the space on the 640 GB drive... its just the 127 GB partition that shows up

Use a disc that's SP2 or SP3. Pre-SP2 (SP1 maybe too?) Only recognize up to127GB.

oh ****... can you link me to a slipstream tutorial or something? the disc I have is really old...

or is there some way that I can install XP while in windows? When I try, it says I can't because the current installation is newer then the one on the disc... even when I have both hard drives in the computer.

meh, thanks for the help

I'll just install MCE... I was going to sell that, but I guess its ok

man technology jumped a whole lot since the release of XP lol... 127GB to 1000GB 0_0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom