Is 62 degrees C normal for a 3.2 ghz Pentium D computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechRocket

Solid State Member
i just built a new computer and checked my processor's temperature - it was 62-64 degrees C. is this normal? it will only go up when i begin installing programs and games and running more applications. thanks.

Pentium D's are known to run hot, but 62-64 degrees C on idle is to high. I think the max temp a Pentium D can handle is about 70 degrees C.

Check to make sure your HSF is seated properly, maybe get an after market HSF, some artic silver5 thermal paste.

dude your processor is burning man. I really use my CPU (AMD 3500+) and it goes to about 40 degrees celcius. You need to consider extra cooling! Maybe your case is poorly ventilated. Get some fans in your case.

my cpu is at 42C look into case airflow and maybe a new heatsink good wireing and fans droped my temps by 8 -9 degrees

can anyone suggest to me a heatsink? i think the one i have right now is too crappy. socket 775. thanks.

thankyou nitestick, i was about to ***** myself about comparing amd chips to inteldual cores, COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PEOPLE,, dont compare an oven to a toaster :)

Intel chips normally run alot hotter than AMD chips (dunno why!)

look and see if there is enough thermal compound between the HS and CPU, or if there is to much, that can also cause problems! if you still have a problem try using a silver nitrate heat compund that is more conductive :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom