5830 Wont Boot. Booted once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaskTool

In Runtime
Got my new card yesterday. And was using it fine for a day and then when i restarted my computer earlier today, my screen went black? No bios screen or anything.

No matter what I did, whether it be, disabling onboard, changing the video settings in bios, reseating the card, restarting, uninstalling drivers, etc. The card wont boot anymore. Of course the onboard graphics work.

It's a brand new 5830. Device Manager doesnt detect the card.

I'm using windows 7 ultimate 32 bit.

Help.

How is that even possible when I got the card yesterday brand new and it worked the whole day and today some until I restarted? This will be the 3rd RMA if I decide to send it in. Honestly i'm probably gonna replace my motherboard first. I ran Memtest for a couple hours and no errors came up so my ram is fine.

It's why RMA's where created. Stuff happens and parts arrive bad. Make 100's of 1,000's of parts and some are going to come out bad.

If your on-board video is working... chances are good its not your board. Normally capacitor issues will affect video displays if its mobo related but on-board won't work as well most of the time.

Don't you think it's still smart to replace the motherboard just to eliminate that as a possibility before following through with an RMA?

Well an RMA is free. So if it is the motherboard, why not just get a free video card while you can to eliminate that and make sure before you eliminate something you would have to buy.

In the end its your call, this is just our suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom