50% CPU Usage on Idle, it depends though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, now it is in 0% CPU mode, the whole day, but the problem is, that I am getting tired of restarting the computer over and over again to get it normal. Should I restart my computer now to make it 50%?

Well... If you do infact restart it, and It's still in 50% mode, we haven't fixed anything.

I understand if you do not with to restart it, but I would like to fix this issue for you.

Ok, I restarted it, and it is in 50% CPU Mode, and everything is lag and slow.

Oh man... I can't think of what this could be.

Have you defaulted your Bios?
Is it a bios setting that is smothering your CPU usage?

Is it every other time you restart it changes? Or is it completely random on how many times it takes to boot correctly and vice versa

Don't think that it is a BIOS problem, it is random, it depends, it can be 10 times 50% CPU Usage after eachother, It can be good right away, it is all random.
But, if you can't find the problem, I will just have to live with it, thanks for your time :).

Has it always done this? Or only when you started putting things on your D partition ?

Ever thought about reformatting the entire drive?

I got this pc, like begin 2004.
In September 2005, I bought a 6800 and replaced it with the 5600 fx I had before. No problems yet.
With christmas 2005, I got Sounblaster Audigy 4.
And then the 50% CPU Usage showed up, a month later.
But the funny thing is, that I had a poweroutage, while my computer was on. When I turned my computer on, the 50% CPU Usage showed up. But I have a secured powerconnection.
And then when I was going to reinstall windows.
I don't think that I can reformat the drive. Because I have a windows on a cd, but not windows itself, it's like, I only can use the windows disc, on this computer. Because the brand's name is printed on the disc. Medion is the brand.

did you trying tweaking the cpu vcore in the bios?
I would try turning it up or down a couple of notches. Not alot... but a lil.

Yo Uzi, :).
I have a pre-built pc, so the biosfeatures aren't great.
I can't change any thing like the FSB, voltages and memory things.
:(.
But I noticed something. This showed up a few times. when I booted my pc. First the Pentium 4 screen shows up, then there comes a black screen, like dos. Saying sometimes, "updating ESCD...succes. Most of the time, only the black dos screen shows up an then it goes straight to windows after that.
I don't know if this has something to do with the 50% Cpu Usage.
But most of the times when it says Updating ESCD...Succes the computer is working normal, without the 50% CPU Usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom