5.1 Speaker Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy8748

In Runtime
I have 5.1 speakers and whenever I play a song on windows media or itunes only 2/5 speakers work. I check the sound settings and it is set up on 5.1 speakers, everything is plugged in, and no wires are cut. What could be the problem are there other preferences for speakers?

There is no problem. The songs are stereo (2 channels) sources, therefore by default you'll hear it only from two front speakers, even if you sound settings set to 5.1 or whatever surround.

But you can enable the "extra" speakers for stereo sources by using some surround upmix software, usually supplied with your sound card (for Creative cards CMSS - Creative Multi Speaker Sound, or Stereo Surround).

But, tell what specific sound card you have, and the speakers.

I myself have custom built 6.1 speaker system on Creative Live! 24 sound card. Using CMSS, and it sounds very very nicely.

My speaker's are logitech 5.1, my sound card is integrated intel. Is there any other program that I can download off the net because I don't know where the disk is.

The programs I mentioned are part of the sound card driver.
But if you say you have Intel integrated sound, most versions of it has stereo output - only one output jack, and you speakers should have 3 connectors - for front two speakers, rear two speakers, and center + sub on the third.
So you probably have 2 connectors "in the air" right now. If it is the situation, then you'll need to buy new 5.1 channel (or more) sound card to suppord the speakers.

Also, it is a possibility that newest Intel cards may have surround output, check how many connectors you have.
If it is surround, the check Intel website for software.

Basicly what you want to do is connect the same color to your sound card. On a 2.1 card there are only the Green for front speaker and Black for Rear (the Blue is for Line in, Pink is for MIC). On a 5.1 you have all this plus a Orange for the subwoofer. Make sure you have the correct plugs plugged in.

There should be a software installed for your sound card, this would be the audio controller. This help configure some setting and test the sound speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom