4850 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

redrims999

Beta member
Hello,

I have this video card:
Newegg.com - XFX HD-485X-ZNFC Radeon HD 4850 1GB 256-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

I had a previous 4850 which worked great. It died out and got this one. I uninstalled the drivers via control panel and rebooted into safe mode. There I ran Driver sweeper, EasyCleaner, and Driver Cleaner pro. Then I rebooted in windows normally and installed 10.3 and rebooted. There I got the message "No ATI graphics driver is installed, or the ATI driver is not functioning". I have tried rolling back everything to no avail. The thing which really confuses me is my VC is listed under the "Unknown" category in Device manager. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling (and checking delete software as well) to no avail. Here is a SS of device manager:
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x118/redrims999/Untitled-3.png?t=1271008020

Note: I have the latest BIOS and chipset firmware.

specs:
Motherboard: Asus p5q pro
Processor: Intel E8400
Memory: G.Skill DDR2 4GB (2X2GB) @ 1066 MHZ
Hard Drive: WD Caviar 320gb

I believe 10.3 is the latest, so yes he did.

Uninstall the drivers. Shutdown the PC and take the card out. If you've got onboard video use that to reboot into windows then shutdown again, if not just reset the BIOS.

Install the card again (if possible in a different slot). Make sure there's no dust clogging up the slot or on the pins on the gfx card. Install the 10.3 drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom