4 pin cpu power problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyby257

Beta member
so today i got a new mobo (abit KN9 SLI), cpu (athlon x2 3800+) and ram (two 512 sticks of pc2 6400).

my problem is when i power on the computer it turns on for one second then turns off. but if i dont plug in the 4 pin cpu power connecter (2x2) the computer stays on but of course the cpu, hdd, cd drive, and floppy drive dont power up.

so my question is what could be causeing my computer to not boot up? i know my power supply is in good working condition and i know all the power cables are hooked up right too.

are you putting the connector on correctly? does your power supply have enough power for the system?

side note - i dont use amds but the couple of times ive worked on them they used the flat 1x7ish i wanna say connector and the square 4 pin is for intels??

what are the colors of the wires on the 2x2 connector. if two are yellow and two are black the goe to the mainboard. I did not know that AMD used the extra power connector. Now having said that , it is possible to have another 2 x 2. Alot of the new mainboards take the extended power connector that the end will detach so you can connect it to older ATX mainbords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom