4 of 4 DVDs Failed: Whats wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are both on the special setting (CSAT? ...guessing). I reused my original IDE cable because it was already connected to the CD-burner (same IDE cable for both drives). I can't afford to try more media. Sooner or later it will have been more cost efficient to get a second hard drive.

im alredy aware of that you mentioned it in the first post , still the mobo might have some issues with it alot of em do , its best to use master & slave so try it , ide cables are pretty cheap.. , just buy taiyo yuden medias as i alredy suggested their the best and have excellent compatibility among drives it will defintly rule out the media (but better try master-slave and another ide cable first) , anyway i cant say for sure if its a media issue without those nero logs..^

My DVD movies freeze as well. I just tried to watch Gladiator and it froze the computer within 5 min. I also tried to watch *.avi movies off a DVD I burned on another computer and they also froze when using the new NEC drive too. I will switch out to master(DVD), salve(CD) soon to see if that fixes. My hopes are low though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom