3dmark03 scores down by 6000??!! whats going on???

Status
Not open for further replies.

xenium

In Runtime
Ok, so today I saw the "post your scores of your 6600gt in 3dmark". Anyways, I havent run 3dmark03 in a while so I figured id run it really quick and see whats up. First thing I notice is lagggggggg. The FPS were down at least 50-100 frames from what I remember. So, I just tell myself that its not big deal and let it do its thing. Finally, my scores come out. 2366???!!! My moms dell dimension w/ stock video card gets better scores than that!! so now that ive told you exactly why Im ****ed, Ill explain some more so mayeb someone can help. I ran 3dmark03 about 3/4 weeks ago. Since then not much has changes except that ive added 512mb ram (2x512mb running in dual channel currently). And Ive upgraded the driver on my 6600gt to 8.4.2.5. Other than that NOTHING has changed. Now some system specs might help. Heres my current setup:

AMD 3200+ (OCed from 2.0ghz to 2.6ghz)
jetway 939agp-p mobo
2x512 gigaram ram
160gb wd hdd
dvd burner
aopen 6600gt video card (4x/8x agp)

Now, Ive been playing a few games (like elder scrolls oblivion and need for speed most wanted), and they seem to run kinda iffy graphics-wise (I have to keep the settings very low to run lag-free and even a little lag on either). To get a few things out of the way, the video card IS NOT overclocked. It was not either when I ran the benchmark a few weeks ago either. The peak load temps Ive recorded are in the high 60's C. idle is usually right around 40C. I know its not a heat issue, so Im guessing the driver update messed with my video cards settings somehow?

A few more things are that I havent messed with the 3dmark settings, nor am I running the test in a high resolution (ran benchmark in 1024x768). The settings in 3dmark are set to default. If anyone needs more info on anything, please let me know! I just want to get my card back to normal:angry:

Also, Ive done one other thing. Ive partiotion the other ~20gb that windows didn't partion when I installed xp onto my 160gb hdd

use everest o benchmark your ram make sure its a reasonable score for your setup.
Also uninstall and reinstall your graphics drivers.

i love you guys (not literally:laughing: ), it was the driver. rolled it back to 81.98 and now works like a charm:D thanx again!

I had a very similar problem with one of my graphics cards, think it was a GF4 but then it was fine again with the next patch release so dont think you have to be stuck with 81.98 for ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom