I bought a SS-3176 HUB 1-to-5 native SATA2 Port Multiplier.
I was advised by the manufacturer to install a SiI 3124 64-bit BASE driver so that it would be recognized by My Computer.
I was later advised that "this motherbaord does not list a siliconimage 3124 chip it lists a VIA sata chip that is not portmultiplier enabled host." Since I installed the 3124 driver, my controller card has been working great, no problems at all, but the hub doesn't work.
In this instance, isn't my controller card acting as my portmultiplier enabled host?
In another email (which I can't find) I was told that it needed a 3726 driver. Would downloading and installing a 3726 driver do the trick or would it cause problems? I found 3726 firmware at:
Silicon Image - Support | Search Results
"This SiI3726 firmware provides the latest microcode for SiI3726 port multiplier. Before you upgrade the SiI3726 microcode, download 3726 Firmware Download Utility and review the release notes within the utility zip file."
This is what my pc has:
- ASUS A8V-VM SE Socket 939 Micro ATX Motherboard - UDMA133, SATA (RAID)
---- VIA K8M890 + VT8237A
---- 2000/1600 HT/s
---- Dual-channel DDR400, Max 2GB
---- VIA Integrated Gfx in North Bridge K8M890
---- 1 x PCI-E X16, 1 X PCI-E X 1, 2X PCI
---- 2 *ATA133 ,2 x SATA
---- 10/100 LAN
---- 6-Channel audio
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 SATA 3.0 Gb/s 320Gb hard drive (RAID array not set up)
- AMD Athlon Gforce 8400 64 X2 4200+ Toledo 2.2GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor
- ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler
- Corsair 620W PSU
- Ballistix 2x1G RAM, 184-pin DIMM, 128MX64 DDR PC3200, Unbuffered
- NORCO-4618 PCI-X / PCI eSATA / SATA II / SATA I Controller Card RAID 0/1/5/10/JBOD
- Windows XP Pro X64, SP2
- NetFramework 2.0 Redistributable Pack for X64
Please answer. I've been searching for an answer to these questions for a few weeks now.