3 Modules Fail at the Same Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baez

Admin / Dev
Staff member
Hey guys,

My comp started failing about 4-5 days ago and I tested everything and concluded that the memory controller on my mobo was done. One stick of ram worked in only slot 3. Sounds like a controller problem right? Well I thought that as well. Got my new motherboard yesterday and hooked it all back up again and now only one of my four gigs works at all! At least now it works in any slot so I know for sure that it's the RAM.

Has anyone heard of 3 modules failing at the exact same time? My guess would be that the bad mobo corrupted them but I don't really know. I don't know if theres a way to solve this or if I have to RMA something for the second time this week...

Well I don't think it would be a surge since I have it hooked up to a 1500VA protector. Also I forgot to mention that the way I know it's failing is because 680i has that hex error code. The system refuses to boot with any other module. It either says 1D or sometimes gets to C1 which are both memory problems.

I've searched this and it seems that the exact same thing happens to everyone. Not the part about 3 DIMMs failing but about the mobo/ram combination. I turned my computer off at night and try to turn it on in the morning and that happens. I'll try upping the voltage with my one good stick and see if I can get another to boot.

OK I figured it out and it was the voltage. I don't know what my board was thinking but it thought the CPU should get 1.6 volts of power!!! Guess it just wasn't overheating because of my watercooling. Mem was only set 1.75v. I upped the NB core and mem and it is working perfect! Thanks for the help guys.

Wow...1.6v. I'm afraid to push more than 1.475v into mine. And even at that voltage i was idling at over 50c :( Thats odd though that the memory voltage is set so low by default. Nice ram timing btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom