3 internal hd (1 OS / 2 Storage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

universal

Beta member
i wanna know why : suppose i have 3 internal harddrives. 1 is for win xp and the other 2 is carrying the same info (music/movies) if the hd-1 with windows xp pro goes corrupted, why does this effect and corrupts hd-2 & 3 (storage) so meaning i can take the 2 internal storage hd's and connect them to any other pc and they will be corrupted and unable to show my movies/music because they went corrupted when windows did on hd-1.

How did hd-1 become corrupted? If it was viral, then that would have affected hd-2 & 3.

Even if the storage drives are in a windows raid array, the corruption of the original windows wouldn't matter. I have changed to vista ultimate 64 bit, changed motherboard, changed sata port number and my original 3 year old xp software based raid array is still running without fault on this computer. So what exactly did you manage to do to corrupt windows?

no. i'm asking if theres anyway to damage windows to the point where it will corrupt other internals and you will no longer have access to the data you saved.

They may not be 'corrupted' so much as being formatted with a file system that the operating system you are trying to read them with will recognize. For example, older versions of windows will not recognize data on a drive that has been formatted with the new NTFS file structure. Make sure the computer you are trying to read them with will recognize the file system that the drives are formatted with.

no. i'm asking if theres anyway to damage windows to the point where it will corrupt other internals and you will no longer have access to the data you saved.

Only via a computer virus which is designed to wipeout the firmware on the hdd which keeps a record on where packets of data are saved. The chance of you idly finding one is very slim as these types of viruses are usually used for a co-ordinated attack on a corporate level. If the drives are in a raid array then its possible one of the drives has died leaving the data completely corrupted. If they are 2 seperate drives virtually and physically then the chances of them dying in unison are very slim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom