+3.3V problem in Asus Probe

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmass

Baseband Member
I noticed that I got a problem in Asus probe from my voltage. The number next to +3.3V is flashing, here is the screenshot:
http://www.vvclans.com/voltage.JPG

I'm not sure what the problem is or what I can do about it. Any information is appreciated.

It pops up as soon as it goes anything below 3V, it doesn't go below 2.9 though. I have an enermax 360W (or maybe 400W I don't remember). It's a little over 4 years old, but I've never had any problems with it. Should I just lower the warning threshold in asus probe?

Yhe max it will allow is a 15% difference from 3.3V (it was at 10%).

2.9v sounds pretty low normally it should run around 3.1-3.2v
try unplugging the 20/24 pin socket and clean the 3.3v sockets with rubbing alcohol for it to have better contact
heres a picture if your wondering where it is:
T51SLI2.jpg

if it goes under voltage you will get hardware damage

So clean sockets 1, 2, 12, 13 with rubbing alcohol and unplug socket 20 and socket 24?

yup

trust me iv done this before, if it doesnt help then i would suggest getting a new power supply

Someone over at toms hardware said unplugging the 20/24 pin sockets will make my machine stop running.

+3.3V probem in Asus Probe

Someone else also said there isn't much to worry about because very little runs off of the 3.3V socket.

Yea of course it'll stop running if you unplug it while its on: doh.
Those guys there don't sound too smart. Turn off comp, pull power cable, press power button. Unplug 24 pin and clean. Plug back in and run.

BTW: what does Everest Home say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom