2nd Vista install going haywire - PCI controller / SM Bus Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
Hey guys, I installed vista about a month ago and things worked fine.. Something caused multiple reboots (perhaps corrupts system files) that I couldn't fix and formated and reinstalled..

I installed immedialty the newest nvidia drivers for my mobo (evga 750i ftw) restarted, then installed newest nvidia drivers for my 8800 gt sli cards. Then I installed the latest drivers for my X-Fi card (same way I did first time).

Now immediatly no sound works..
In the device manager I have:
C-Media USB Headphone Set - Not functioning correctly (because sound card isn't).
X-Fi Sound Blaster - Not Functioning Correctly
-Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
PCI Device - Not Function Correctly (It's the PCI controller)
-A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)
SM Bus Controller - Not Function Correctly
-This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1) There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

Now I've looked online to see IRQ conflicts and whatever in common with this problem, but not certain of the solution. I've uninstalled all the drivers and tried reinstalling everything, but to no avail!

Any ideas, cheers!

Have you tried reinstalling your chipset drivers by chance? Or was that included in the "reinstalled everything" ?.

Yea, I uninstalled all the nvidia and creative items from the control panel.

I just installed Magic Disc which is a cdrom emulator in case no one knows, anyways, I've never had a problem with it, this time it did the whole "found new hardware" window popup thing. Just like with the PCI device and SM Bus, I get a window asking to install the drivers for it, I tell it to check, nothing is online apparently, and it tells me to insert the disc to install the drivers.

I put the disc in and still nothing.

So I'm having a hard time installing a disc emulator, I'm quite baffled.. Should I go a different route to uninstall and reinstall the chipset drivers?

A little more info..

The "PCI Device" is the HD Audio, onboard audio from mobo, so I disabled in device manager and BIOS again.. Solves that issue..

The SM Bus finally installed when I installed chipset drivers in safe mode.

I am left with Audio controller (not installed X-Fi card)
2 video controllers (8800 gt sli cards not installed)
and "Unknown Device" as last, this is what it is:
Name: NVIDIA nForce System Management
Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0264&SUBSYS_10003842&REV_A3\3&2411E6FE&0&51
Driver: n/a

So.. I right clicked, when to properties and tried update driver. It finds the driver and tries to install afterwards it says this:

Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device.

Explanation: The driver installtion file for the device is missing a necessary entry. This may be because the INF was written for Windows95 or later. Contact your hardware vendor.

----

I don't remember this problem at all the first time that I installed vista. Question is, do you need Nvidia nForce System Management? If not perhaps I can just disable and go on with my life (hoping my sound card will work this time)

Perhaps an IRQ problem I can possibly fix?..

Hello,

Please stop multiposting! I already had to combine like 4 of your other posts. Use the Edit button please.

IRQ is auto assigned. Try moving around the PCI cards to see if that makes a difference.

Cheers,
Mak

I reinstalled windows so I didn't have to post anymore info or anything. Can close thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom