2min for windows load...

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
For some reason, it takes my PC 2 minutes to load windows! thats just counting the time from when it shows the windows and the little blue bar going back and forth, to the time it says welcome. in msconfig I have these programs starting:
avgcc, LCDmon, RTHDCPL, KHALMNPR, NvCpl, and ALCMTR. Any help in speeding up windows load? AVG free shows no viruses. thanks in advanced. PS:this is a very new pc, like 2 months old maybe. been running great except for this problem.

Run defrag
Turn page file off, restart pc, then turn it up to 2048mb for minimum and maximum (Do from 0-2gb to prevent fragmentation) and this could potentially speed it up also if you havent set this yet.
Also, sometimes my windows load takes a long long time when i have a certain cd in my drive, and its just constantly trying to read it for anout 30 seconds (Only does this with one cd that i know of so far, which is my CS condition zero cd (I play for offline practice))

46% fragmentation??? There's a big part of your problem right there. Download a free version of O&O or Diskeeper and use that instead of windows defrag. Then disable all your startup items except your AV and see what you get.

what were u talking about page file? turn it up to 2gb? dont understand that part.

Right click on My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced tab at the top -> Settings under Performance -> Advanced tab at the top again -> Change under virtual memory. Change both values to 2048 in the text boxes and click on Set.

I changed the memory thing, ran osiris guide, and disabled everything. STILL TAKES 2 MINUTES!!! I did read some reports of people saying their PCs are slower after the BIOS update for P5N-D. I am up to date, maybe that is it? any other sudgestions guys?

You'll just have to wait for a fix to the newest BIOS or go back to the old one until it's fixed. Two minutes isn't too bad. I could understand if it was a big deal if it took 5+. Go get a drink while it loads :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom