2600k dying? help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedcope

Solid State Member
Hardware: i7 2600k clocked at 4.2ghz using 1.289 v.
1600 g.skill mem 1 8 8 8 24 1.5v 4 gigs.
Black cav 500gb sata hdd 7200rpm 64mb cache.
6950 powecolor 2gb unlocked shaders.
MSI p67a-gd65 b3 mobo
Antec 730 watt psu.

Cpu temp at 29c at idle and 50c under full load using prime 95 for an hour

Problem: slow cpu... I started noticing heavy cpu usage using cad and playing a few intensive games, 2 to 3x more than usual... so I ran some benchmarks to see what the underlying problem was and everything checked out great except my cpu... equivalent cpus were running 3 to 4x times faster at lower clock speeds than mine. I formatted my drive, reinstalled windows x64 with updated mobo and gfx drivers, and still had the same results. All power saving features are disabled. Cinebench achieved a score of 8.5 which was normally 10.5. Coresmark completed in 90 seconds which was usually 45sell seconds. And my novamrk cpu score was 240 which was normally 800... memory passed all stress tests... some advice would be appreciated. I don't get bsod...

I have had the same overclocked settings since I took it out of the box. I did have stability issues with my mobo, but was corrected with a bios updates. The system had been stable the past year

I have had the same overclocked settings since I took it out of the box. I did have stability issues with my mobo, but was corrected with a bios updates. The system had been stable the past year

Ok, for starters, lets turn off your OC profile in bios if you have one setup and saved.
Next, reduce your cpu ratio until you get 3.2ghz, check your memory voltage and make sure its not high.
Once done give it one reboot and test it for 1 hour, if you still notice the samething like being OC'd.
Give intel a call on monday morning, as long as your cpu was not being abused by neglectfull OC intel may help you put and get your cpu serviced.

Solved. I feel like a moron. I looked at one of mu cpuz screenshots.... 1 core 1 thread showing. Was an ez fix my unchecking processors under boot.ini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom