2 seagate hdds with the same prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

raza

Baseband Member
Well, i use an external enclosure to convert internal hard drives to external. Last month my 250GB Barracuda HDD (100 gigs in use) kinda stopped working. When i turned it on it would not load the data in it, but i could hear it "spin" (maybe trying to fix something.. dunno), after 6-10 minutes of fast spinning windows would try to load the data, but with no success, the hard drive would then appear in "My Computer" as empty! I could not write OR read from it.. Of course seagate customer support never replied to my mail...

I said OK! That happens when you deal with lots of HDDs, but today the same thing happened to the second one, which had 50gigs of pure data.

That makes me feel sorry for seagate... i understand that those 2 HDDs were kinda broken, but as a customer i think i deserve a simple reply!
Never, EVER had that (or any other) problem with western digital and i own more than 6 wd drives...

Anyway does anyone have any idea how to fix that? I believe not all the data is lost.. Maybe its something with windows that cant override a simple disk problem, have you ever heard of similar disk probs?

Thank you in advance.

but if its the enclosure why does it load every other (non-seagate) disk? How can i check if its the enclosure or not? I cant connect it to my PC because i am currently using my laptop.. thats why i always use the enclosure.

So you believe that every single bit of data is lost?

-----

Edit:
i also got this error message support.microsoft.com/kb/330174 at random times, even if the hdd was idle..
hope that helps.

Well, maybe it is the disks after all. That error message is quite common with broken hard disks. I had the same error when my external died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom