2 SATA Drives; windows wont reconise 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaross

Baseband Member
title says it all. When I was installing windows, it showed me both HDDs, but not there is only one drive in my computer and it is the size of one of the drives...

They are 160GIG 7200 RPM SATA Maxtor Refurbished drives that I got from tigerdirect for $60 each...

Check both disks have a label in Disk Management (Control Panel>Admin Tools>Computer Management>Disk Management)

I'm assuming the first SATA drive is formatted and windows installed. The second drive if brand new needs to be formatted.

JASEDOG started correctly: Control Panel>Admin Tools>Computer Management>Disk Management then...

Find the Second Drive on the list. RIGHT CLICK on the long white&blue bar. CLICK FORMAT. Choose "QUICK FORMAT - NFTS" Wait....

When finished give new HDD a Volume Name and Select a Drive Letter. Close.

Go to my computer... THERE'S YOUR SECOND DRIVE!!! WOOHOO!!!

rofl, that's what i'm thinking too. first check, if you can see it in bios.

HAVOC2k5 said:
I'm assuming the first SATA drive is formatted and windows installed. The second drive if brand new needs to be formatted.

JASEDOG started correctly: Control Panel>Admin Tools>Computer Management>Disk Management then...

Find the Second Drive on the list. RIGHT CLICK on the long white&blue bar. CLICK FORMAT. Choose "QUICK FORMAT - NFTS" Wait....

When finished give new HDD a Volume Name and Select a Drive Letter. Close.

Go to my computer... THERE'S YOUR SECOND DRIVE!!! WOOHOO!!!

Ok, I can do that. There is unpartitioned space on my current drive. any way I can combine this with the space windows is installed on with this program?

yes, the bios reconises it. infact, appon startup, it shows some command and it shows the 2 HDDs. anyone know how I can get rid of that to make startup just that much faster?

Are you talking about the BIOS screen for your RAID controller? I don't know how to disable that. It shouldn't be displayed for more the 5 seconds though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom