2 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

artyman

Baseband Member
Hello everyone.
I have 2 problems that I need help with.

I have fitted a second dvd burner to my pc. When I use it to burn it will only burn at 2x speed and the drive is 40x. What could be the peoblem here, I am a bit of a novice with hardware related problems. It is not the software, this is what I do know.

My second problem is with a joypad.
Playing Toca3 was ok then my pad stopped working. Thinking my pad was broken I sent for a new one.
Set it up no problem with the game but when I ran the game the game ran very very slow, it was actually unplayable, when I unplugged the pad from the pc (usb) the game ran perfect so I am assuming it has something to do with the pc usb settings or something that has corrupted usb settings somewhere.

Any help suggestions will be apreciated.

THANKS

1. The speed of the drive while burning is controlled by the speed of the disks. For example, if the disk you are using is 2x then the drive will burn at 2x speed, if the disk is 4x the drive will burn at 4x speed and so on. You also said that the drive is 40x, DVD's will only burn at a maximum (again depending on the disk speed) at 16x. The 40x you are on about is the CD burning speed. 40x is the maximum your drive will burn CD's but the maximum CD burning speed on some drives is 52x.

DVD disk Speeds - 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x
CD disk Speeds - upto a maximum of 52x

2. Have you made sure that all drivers for the pad are installed, they should of come with the pad. Also make sure that Toca 3 is patched upto date and your graphic card drivers are too. If you are unsure which driver you need for your grpahic card post back with your specs.

http://www.codemasters.co.uk/downloads/?downloadid=22946 - Toca 3 v1.1 patch

Thanks for your reply,

I dont think I explained very well about the second burner. I understand about media speeds etc, etc. Thankyou for the information though.
I can put an 8x blank dvd in the drive and it will only burn at 2x even if I change to 8x or 4x within the program. however if I try on my other drive there is no problem.

As for the pad, I have up to date drivers + video card drivers. I also have the game up to date.
When I used my other pad it worked ok untill I came to play the game one day to find it did not work, so I thought the pad was broke, I bought a new (better) pad to find I was having this problem. I may be wrong but I think there could be a conflict somewhere even though I cant spot any....

UPDATE
If I remember correctly the problem with the gamepad MAY have started after I fitted the second burner... Could this be the problem? or am I wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom