2 Harddrive Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzN

Baseband Member
Hello, looking for some help about this problem i'm having i just recently build this pc and everything is installed fine but the 2x Hardrive it shows that i have 2 Hardrive installed in my BIOS but when I check My Computer I only see 1 C drive ; / and my D drive is a DVD - Ram drive and E drive is regular DVD Drive im not sure if i plugged in the SATA the wrong way but from what BIOS is saying it shows 2 HD Installed correctly but it wont show in My Computer and another thing is it normal to see both of your harddrives listed in the add/remove list located on your right corner taskbar???

Any help or advice would be appreciated - thx :)

it doesnt say anything and my friends was telling me its on a raid which i have no clue what that is ;/ and he said something about both drive is being used as 1 but when i check the C drive its only 250gb if it was being used as 1 it would be listed as 500gb ?

It won't be in RAID if you didn't set it up that way.

Are both SATA drives? Try putting the drive that doesn't work on another channel. Also look in the BIOS to make sure that it isn't disabled or something for any reason (don't know why it would be, but can't hurt to check).

As far as I know, SATA drives show up in the add/remove hardware in the corner, its annoying, but I just learned to deal with it. :)

Yes both drives are SATA and i check them 1by1 and it still shows up both in BIO and enabled but wont show my 2nd drive in My Computer for some reason; / any other advice?

yeap thats what i did and that solved the problem :) thx alot for the help btw is it normal for 2x vid card and 2x HD to be real real hot??

HDD's can run pretty darn hot. My HDD is like 50*C lol. I really need a cooler. :(

Dual video cards will run hot aswell. See if you can squeeze a Zalman VF700 in between.

My Computer seems to run at pretty high heat like around 60-75C ;/ and it was just built on thursday, what is causing soo much heat? i cant even touch the mobo,harddrive, and vid card cause its too hot and is there a way to cool it down without being real ghetto and putting an Air Conditioner beside it ahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom