is 2 drives quicker than 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
me and my mate having massive debate basically whats more faster to burn cd's/dvd's 1 drive or 2 i think 2 because you dont have to copy to h/d then visa versa

it all depends,,, hows that for an answer ?

the way ide / pata devices work is the master device dictates the speed of the bus

you always put a burner on an ide channel by itselft

I would have to say copying a cd from one cd burner to another AND both burners are on different channels, pri and sec ide, that would be faster
followed by copying a cd with one burner ( using the HD ) and the burner is on the sec ide channel either master or by itself.
followed by copying a cd with a burner and HD on the pri ide chan

there are other stuff to take into account like the hd buffer size, are the burners hd's pata or sata or a mix or scsi , system ram , how new is the hardware. All in all you may not even notice a difference in either. You should do a test. One of you go out of the room, then the othe configures the system as above , have the other come back in and copy a cd, have them write down what he thinks the config, do it again with another config see if he gets it right.

If you're burning a single CD/DVD then it doesn't matter whether you have 1 drive or 5 million. It would depend on how fast the drive is capable of writing at and how fast the disk is able to be written on.

If you mean copying a CD/DVD, then 2 drives would probably be quicker than one because (like you said) the data would not have to be written to memory before being burned. It would still matter how fast the drive is capable of writing, and how fast the disk is able to be written on, but not as much as burning a single disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom