17 minute boot times and extremely slow system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi.
if the pblm with yr hdd was the same as mine than there's a good chance you can still get it right and use it again.

like junglemike said, check whether the hdd is running in pio or dma mode. my hdd changed to pio by itself. after some googling i found out that it can do this if theres some defects in the hdd. if the system tries to read the disk and fails, it keeps on retrying. after 6 failed attempts it reverts the transfer mode to pio. something like that. you dont even need to change any settings.

1 way to correct the pblm is to uninstall the drive and let windows detect it again after reboot.
for a better explanation of all this, try googling "dma pio". i did and the first link that came out helped a lot. check out the other links as well.

Thanks for the tip calos :D I just need to transfer a few more files, then Il format it and do what you said.

Well I searched google for dma pio, went on the first result run the program and restarted my pc. Then I went into my old hdd (I decided to try it before I formatted so I could test the results). Anyway really, I didn't notice any difference :( oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom