160 gb iPod classic not showing up in my computer or itunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

britt2408

Beta member
I just got a 160 gb ipod classic. I'm very familiar with itunes and ipods, as this is my second one due to a burglary. I'm running Windows Vista, and when I plug in my ipod, it says the drivers are installed correctly and when I look in the device manager, nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. But nothing shows up in my computer and itunes won't run until i unplug the ipod or unless it was open previous to plugging in the ipod. The ipod screen shows the connected screen but I get no response on my computer. I've tried resetting the ipod, trying in disk mode, reinstalling itunes, and restarting my computer. Nothing works. Weird thing is, I use the same cord on my sister's computer and everything works. She's running Windows 7. The thing I really don't understand is that everything with my previous ipod worked on my computer before. HELP!

Go into Control Panel -> Administration Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management. If you see it in the lower pane, right click it and go to "change drive letter and path". There may be a letter conflict.

I cannot even go to disk management while the ipod is plugged in. It's as if it's frozen. Once I unplug the iPod, everything shows up but obviously not the ipod.

Go into Control Panel -> Administration Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management. If you see it in the lower pane, right click it and go to "change drive letter and path". There may be a letter conflict.

Give this a read and see if that will help before following minds instructions.
Also like most media devices, turn it off completely, reboot your pc for a fresh start.
Turn on your ipod and plug it in and wait for windows to detech and let you access it.

Ipod Classic 80GB Freezes iTunes (Need to restore) ;( plz help. - iLounge Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom