1440x900 Res Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyF

Beta member
I bought a new monitor with 1440x900 res. My graphics card does not support that. I have a Rage 128 Pro AGP 4x TMDS. Is there an update that i can get for this, or what are my options?
All help is most welcome

Hello,

What monitor do you have?

Make sure that the monitor driver for your monitor (as well as the graphics driver) is installed.

You can check what monitor driver is installed, and change the monitor driver, by going to Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > Device Manager > Monitors...

dvmul3.jpg

...Right click the monitor and click Properties to find out what monitor driver has been installed.

The monitor driver provides information to the system about what resolutions, color depths and refresh rates the monitor supports. It's usually obtainable from the manufacturer's website of the monitor. Since 1440 x 900 isn't a standard resolution, you won't be able to use any of the generic monitor drivers provided with Windows XP.

HP 19w Widescreen LCD

Thanks for that. The driver is an HP driver, however there is still no option of 1440x900 showing in the display section of the control panel. I think it must be the graphics card.

right click on the desktop

click properties>settings>advanced

under the adaptor tab, click list all modes... you should be able to select what you need

if not... click on the monitor tab, and uncheck "hide modes that this monitor cannot display"

1440x900 is widescreen, are you sure a card this old (rage 128 pro) supports this? Try getting the newest drivers for it via ATI's site if you haven't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom