1440 x 900 WXGA only wants to work at 1024x768

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Purchased a Polyview 19" V398 WXGA Monitor for his notebook computer. He need the monitor as he like to work at Higher Resolutions at home. And he uses the Extended Destop Feature on his notebook computer.

According to the spec, the monitor can go up to 1440 x 900 res. Previously, he was using a CRT monitor as 1600 x 1200 res. with his notebooks VGA out. However the notebook that he is using is only giving him up to 1024 x 768.

The notebook that he is using is a clone. It using SiS 740 video.

How can I can I get up to 1440 x 900?

Part from the obvious changing resolution in screen properties, we have also installed both lastest drivers from SiS website and Notebook Manufacturers website.

The only website for polyview that i have found has been the australian one (www.protac.com.au), however there is no monitor drivers there.

The other idea we had was to hard code the option of 1440 x 900 into the registry, but we had no idea where to look for that.

We established that the notebook video card chipset can go up to 1600x1200 on a CRT. So how come we can not get it to go up to 1400x900 on the TFT?

Any suggestion will help.

Maybe you should set the external monitor as "primary" or something. You cannot configure both to a different value because you are using "clone" I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom