1394/Firewire connection to motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wease

Solid State Member
I've been thinking of putting an internal card reader in my desktop. I found several varieties, but want one that also has a firewire connection. I found a few that have 4 card reader slots that read all varieties of media cards, as well as 4 USB ports, a firewire port, Mic, Front Speaker, Rear Speaker and Cenn/Bass inputs. My question is, what type of cable connects the firewire port to the motherboard and where on the motherboard does it connect? I have an ASUS P5B SE motherboard, but I can't find anything in the manual that references a 1394/firewire connection.

Yeah, it's nice of these companies to offer Firewire on their Card Reader interfaces, however - you need a 9 port Firewire header on your motherboard. If it's not mentioned in the manual, you simply don't have one. You should get yourself a PCI Firewire card, and a Card Reader that connects it's front Firewire port via a standard cable - that'll connect to a standard Firewire port. Any good Firewire card will have an internal port too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom