1 speaker works sporadically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraph

In Runtime
Ok. This just started yesterday.

It started when I was playing Oblivion. I had just started it up and it was fine. It had been fine before. But then I was playing and out of nowhere one of my headphones (the left one, but the left one works and right one stops if I partially unplug the headphones) goes off. It comes back on whenever I talk to people and then at random other times. Sometimes it stays on, sometimes its off. It isnt just the headphones though, it is the speaker too.

So I exit Oblivion. Then I noticed that the left speaker still wasnt working. It works when I play music, but it seems to have static.
So they work fine after a restart, and work fine sometimes in Oblivion, but then they mess up and randomly fix on their own

anyone got any ideas on how to fix it?

*update* Yeah the speaker wasnt working when I first posted this, 3 minutes ago, but then I start oblivion and the speaker is working again. Im sure it will stop working soon, just wanted to clarify the wierdness of this.

This could possibly be a driver problem. Well, I'd hope so. If you've installed any new audio drivers lately, try to roll them back. If you have the disc with your drivers on them, try to reinstall the ones that came with your motherboard/sound card. If not, look on the internet and get drivers specifically for your motherboard/sound card.

I hope it isn't a speaker problem.

Oh, and make sure all your speaker connections are firmly connected. If something is loose it could have that effect.

havent installed a driver any time recently, and I have replugged in all the connections to make sure they were ok.

I played it again last night and they didnt mess up at all.

it is random

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom