0x50 and Irql bluescreens - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2005, 03:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Send a message via AIM to uber Send a message via Yahoo to uber
Default 0x50 and Irql bluescreens

I have been getting 0x50 and IRQL not less or equal bluescreens when I play games. None of the drivers are third party to my knowledge.
I am very irritated about this, as I have recently fixed two major problems that had plauged me for months.
The ram doesn't seem to be the culprit, because it is performing well within normal operations during gameplay when I run freeRAM with a refresh every three minutes. The drivers are kinda sketchy at this point, so I made a system restore point to a spot with some functional omega drivers, which are still plauged with this problem, but only the IRQL. The hardware probably isn't to blame if I am understanding this right. I haven't installed or taken out any hardware lately.
I must say that these bluescreens started coming after I fixed the 0X8E Bluescreens and Memory could not be "read" in my games.
I tried using driver verifier and I don't think it did anything when I restarted. I base this on the fact that it didn't give me any results. Heat probably isn't a problem, I have about five fans and the cooling gel on the cpu. I've never seen the heat go above 120 Degrees farenheit. Then again, I don't know what is a good temperature for my system. Its an antec case, so its big if that helps, also I keep it open whenever I work on it for fast internal access (Yes I destatic myself every time).

Specs: P4 3Ghz, Radeon 9800 pro sappire 128mb,
Corsair XMS pro 512 ram, 2 sticks of Kingston hyperX 256mb per stick, Sound blaster live 24-bit, westerndigital 80 gb hd.

Old 09-12-2005, 03:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS

I would bet alot of money it's still memory

Download and burn the memory testing program called Memtest.

Old 09-12-2005, 03:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

*Sigh* Well, it didn't used to happen and I had the same ram. Hey, how much money did you bet again? Daddy could use a new power supply.

Also, whats this little ranking bar and how do I make it go up?
Old 09-12-2005, 03:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

I had this site still open in a 2nd browser window after it helped me diagnose a windows stop 0x error when I read your post:

Troubleshooting Windows Stop Error Messages

Hope it helps
Old 09-12-2005, 03:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Well Jase, I have been to that page already. I've listed all of the possible problems here, I have looked at the microsoft solution page about five times already.
Closed Thread