zomg!! it's time for a new computer! (3d modeling, animation, image editing goodness)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: zomg!! it's time for a new computer! (3d modeling, animation, image editing goodn

The AF7 may be a bit insufficient at cooling the Q6600, a thermalright ultra 120 extreme would be a safer option, especially if overclocking.

Personally, I think that One of these badboys would be a better choice than three last gen drives in a RAID array. (it will be slightly slower, but the extra cache, less power consumption, quieter running, and smaller chance of losing all your data through drive failiure make up for that)

I dont really like the design of the Phillips burner, and think that this looks better, (ive got one and its a good drive) but it is totally a matter of opinion.

This case is only $99 after rebate and I think it looks better than the apevia, but once again, thats a matter of total opinion.

Re: zomg!! it's time for a new computer! (3d modeling, animation, image editing goodn

you can softmod ATi cards to work exactly like their CAD/Enterprise cards

2600pro -> v3600
2600xt --> v5600
2900pro -> v7600
2900xt --> v8600

a 115.00 2600XT with v5600 drivers will outperform a 1500.00 quadro fx4500

that antec case has been one of the cases ive been DYING TO GET..idk why but i love that case!!!
If you want a case cheaper than the antec and better than the one you posted, I would get this:
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
(good quality, great price, great cooling, a lot of space too!)

And idk if you wanna spend 300 for that samsung monitor, it had only 5ms and the contras ratio was 700.
My monitor is a hannsg and has 1000 cr and 5ms and i got it for 200!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom