Status
Not open for further replies.

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
click the link below for full article.

link:
Hardware 2.0 'Very Best Kit List' for December 2011 | ZDNet

By Adrian Kingsley-Hughes | December 5, 2011, 7:24am PST

Summary: A must-read for those who build or repair PCs.

Related: Giving a PC as a gift - How to set it up for someone who doesn't know how

Welcome to the Hardware 2.0 “Very Best Kit List” for December 2011 - the final one of the year! Here I've put together a list of the best high-end and mid-range and budget components currently available. So if you're thinking of building or even upgrading a PC, this list is a must-read for you!

Updated monthly, these components are on this list because I firmly believe them to be the best either in terms of performance or price - although I'm ready to admit, as always, that there's room for debate and some choices “go with the gut” more than others.

NOTE: All prices are approximate … shop around for the best deals!

Also, because these are the components I feel are the best available, don't expect the entire list to change every month! This is honest, real-world stuff, and isn't based on what's new or what was in the latest press release!

Jumplist:

•CPUs
•Motherboards
•RAM
•Graphics cards
•Hard disks
•Sound cards
•PSUs
•Monitors

I've got to say, that article was quite surprising.

CPUs: No Intel 1155 sockets or AMD Phenom II X4s.
MB: No AM3+ boards and H61 for socket 1155.
RAM: DDR3 @ 1.65-1.7v or DDR2.
GPU: Mid-range = HD 5670...

I don't like that CPU list. 990x is the best extreme CPU? Okay, that's debatable. But for a mid range, I'd say the 2500k takes the cake. I know it's more money than the 1055t, but the low end on that list is only $30 less. They could have done a better job compiling that list, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom