Zalman HSF Fan mate question

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurieny

Baseband Member
In preparing for my first build, I have read and re-read all the manuals. So far the only thing I am not sure about is whether to use the Fan Mate 2 controller that comes with the HSF I bought (Zalman 9500). If I should really use it (I like the idea of being able to manually adjust the fan speed mostly because of the noise implicatons), then I don't really what to stick the ugly thing to the outside of the beautiful case (CM Stacker 830-and yes case beauty is in the eye of the beholder). But what good is it really if I leave it inside-unless I set it once and forget it?

My own computer that I muck around with frequently has spent most of it's life without it's "clothes" on. So accessing the fan controller "inside" it wouldn't be an issue. But for this nice gaming rig for my son, I don't anticipate it sitting around open after the build is done.

For those of you with this HSF or even any other Zalman model, do you just connect it directly to the mobo or do you plug in the fan mate and if so, where do you access it from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom