Zalman 9500 price spike

Status
Not open for further replies.
TriEclipse said:
http://evga.com/community/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21045

I don't imagine the 9500 and 9700 are too different.

Well I dont know what to say except my friend had 0 problems and absolutely no need for a dremmel tool.

EDIT: read through the forum from your link, and found this post "The manual for my Zalman (CNPS7700-Cu) claims the backplate is included only for convenience. If deemed not necessary, you do not have to use it. It just simplifies installation." So if you're having troubles fitting it then it's your own **** fault for not RTFM!!!! :p

I read that as well, though I wouldnÂ’t want to risk that heavy thing harming my motherboard. One poster wrote that for a different CPU the company said that if you donÂ’t use the backplate then your computer should not be moved. Talk like that scares me, I'd rather just dremel the thing, it seamed easy.

hrmmm the scythe ninja isnt heavy for one of the posts up there.. and the backplate and screws keep it on just fine... i'm having no problems with it at all.. no limping or anything.. if you screw it on tight enough you shouldnt have any problems.. for its size, its incredibly light

Whirlwind said:
The 9500 will go back down, wait on it.

I got it last week for $42.99, before that it was $63.

same as me. i was gonig to buy it one afternoon, and it ws 63.00
i ran out of time and had to go do something, and i was all mad because i didn't get to buy it.
the next day i go to buy it, and it was 20.00 cheaper. oh...the madness...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom