Z-5500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so the console is recognizing the correct speakers and there location. When I press test the noise comes out of all the right places and at the right time. So it either has to be the connection from the console to the sound card or the sound card settings. I am still having the same problems such as my sound card thinking my front right speaker is the center. Currently the center and back left dont have any sound from the computer. Any ideas? All the plugs are matched with their colors.

Well, as for the card thinking your front right is the center, I wouldn't really worry about that. As long as you get sound from every speaker, then you're fine. Also, when you say "When I press test...", are you referring to the remote that comes with the speakers?

As far as the center and back left not having sound, check the wire connections on the back of the sub, and each individual speaker.

Also, make sure that any sound settings such as in the Creative Volume Panel, are all set to 5.1 surround.

BTW, mine is always set to DD PLII Music.

Im refering to the remote. every speaker makes a noise at the right time so connection is good. I think i may just need to re install the drivers and volume panel. But should I uninstall all creative apps on my comp and then install from the cd or site?

Alright, so that means all the connections, as you referred to, are good.

You shouldn't have to reinstall anything. If you really wanted to, you can, but that's your choice.

It's probably just some tweaking or an option that you missed. Please explain what exactly is not working, and we can start from there.

X-Fi channel tests are all screwed up like i said before. nothing comes from center. the right thinks it is the center and the rear speakers are switched lol

Well, those didn't exactly work for me either.

Let me ask you this; When you play music or a movie, do you get sound from every speaker? If so, then leave it alone.

Ok, now let me ask you this; What settings do you have on the volume control pod. In other words, what input setting, and what effect setting?

Also, check the wiring on the back of the back left speaker and the wiring for the back left on the back of the sub.

5.1 Synchronize with control panel
enabled EAX but none is selected
enabled CMSS-3D Surround -Stereo
24 Bit Crystalizer enabled
SVM ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom