Your thoughts about my modifies i want to do - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 08:15 AM   #21 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Re: Your thoughts about my modifies i want to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
^i couldn't understand most of it mate. But anywho, it could eiter be a windows problem, or the optical drive was messed up/broken. But what does it matter? Your building a new computer.
Let me tell again so. The drive couldnot read the cd,but at my brother'S pc, read this same cd well .So i thought maybe the files are virussed or sometghing. Then i put this files to usb flash disk at my brother's pc and at my pc, i could use this files.Now understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelm3103 View Post
What he said ^, I'm putting my bets on the optical drive lol...as he said, what does it matter...you're building a new pc.

I dont build a computer anew one. I use old one,i used to think to buy ram,gpu and dvdrw but now only think to buy dvdrw because even if i build a computer in near future, i can use this dvdrw,right?

Old 02-18-2010, 08:19 AM   #22 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Yes you can use the DVD-RW on a new PC in the future.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:17 AM   #23 (permalink)
muffin enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battal Gazi View Post
Let me tell again so. The drive couldnot read the cd,but at my brother'S pc, read this same cd well .So i thought maybe the files are virussed or sometghing. Then i put this files to usb flash disk at my brother's pc and at my pc, i could use this files.Now understand?
ok dude, he's just trying to help you out and it can be a little hard understanding your post because of the way you word it and the obvious language difference.

so you're saying that a cd won't work in your drive, but it will work in your brother's drive. but the files are usable on your computer when you transfer them to your computer with a usb drive.

is it just with one specific cd or have you tried various cds? it sounds like your drive is no longer working.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:57 PM   #24 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
ok dude, he's just trying to help you out and it can be a little hard understanding your post because of the way you word it and the obvious language difference.

so you're saying that a cd won't work in your drive, but it will work in your brother's drive. but the files are usable on your computer when you transfer them to your computer with a usb drive.

is it just with one specific cd or have you tried various cds? it sounds like your drive is no longer working.

I did not those in future language.

I tried and i t did not work in my pc,but at my brothers' it worked.Yes,they were usable.

Sometimes it happens but for example battle middle earth game cd,it doesnot show setup working.This is maybe about virusses.

But i did not try anothers. Also the cdrw works with other cds , for examğle today it readed windows xp home edition.

How can i understand if it is working or not?
Old 02-18-2010, 05:28 PM   #25 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to Luke Send a message via MSN to Luke

^can you swap out the drive for a different one? such as your brothers drive? that way you can test it to see if it is the drive. Or something else.

Quote:
I dont build a computer anew one. I use old one,i used to think to buy ram
sorry, i got 2 threads mixed up. My bad.
Server: Core i7 920 | 8GB RAM | Intel 240gb 730 SSD Boot | 3 x 2TB WD RED | Fractal R4
Old 02-18-2010, 05:47 PM   #26 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
^can you swap out the drive for a different one? such as your brothers drive? that way you can test it to see if it is the drive. Or something else.

sorry, i got 2 threads mixed up. My bad.
I am not be able to do .

But the drive at my pc is dvd-r but not writer.

I want a dvd writer so even if my old drive is working, i should buy a new one; there is no other choice?
Old 02-18-2010, 06:30 PM   #27 (permalink)
Lord Techie

^why cant u swap out your drive?
Server: Core i7 920 | 8GB RAM | Intel 240gb 730 SSD Boot | 3 x 2TB WD RED | Fractal R4
Old 02-18-2010, 06:37 PM   #28 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
^why cant u swap out your drive?

I can use a another cdrw without swapping out the old one but my brother's pc has guarentee, so i cant use it. I can find lg and samsung dvdrws but is it necessary you think? Because i can buy a new samsung which i told here and test it?
Old 02-22-2010, 09:09 AM   #29 (permalink)
True Techie

Now i am trying this:

I put the lord of the rigs game dvd to my driver. It opens ıt very slowly but autorun and setup icon ıs not true icons, they are as if unknown files type icon. But dvd is working at my another pc.

Also my cd writer works when i put cds for example windowx xp homne edition. Maybe the problem is about dvds?
Old 02-22-2010, 06:01 PM   #30 (permalink)
Lord Techie

um lol, maybe its not a dvd drive, maybe only cd.

Closed Thread