Your thoughts about my modifies i want to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battal Gazi

In Runtime
My system is old. I modified some of its components and buy 420 watt-everest powerspupply recently.

The system is 3.2 ghz pentium 4, gigabiyte ig8000(model was like that) mianboard, 1.5 g ddram ,64 mb-gpu,160 gb sata harddisk maxtor. cd writer-dvd reader (maybe samsung)

I want to

- Sell a 512 ddr ram and buy a kingston ddr ram.Do you suggest another brand?If i make 1+1,does pc work better?

- Want to buy a gpu.I want to use this system for long time for school and maybe games.What gpu do you suggest and what brand?

- Change the dvdwriter because old one doesnot read well.What brand and model do you suggest?

SH-S223C 22X ± DOUBLE LAYER SATA DVD writer samsung

I want to buy this, what do you think about this?
My mainboard is gigbyte 8ig1000 mk.

Please, advice me about these...

- Sell a 512 ddr ram and buy a kingston ddr ram.Do you suggest another brand?If i make 1+1,does pc work better?

you said you have 1.5gigs of ram so im guessing you have a 1gig stick and a 512mb stick. so you're asking if it would be better to sell your current 512mb stick and replace it with another 1gig stick correct?

your mobo has 4 ram slots and you're currently only using 2 slots, so why dont you just keep your current ram, and buy another stick of ram?

- Want to buy a gpu.I want to use this system for long time for school and maybe games.What gpu do you suggest and what brand?

your pc is already pretty old as it is, so it would not be in your best interest to invest too much more money to keep it running.

your mobo only has 1 agp slot and 3 pci expansion slots, so your options for a gfx card will be limited and will cost you more.
GA-8IG1000MK (Rev 1.x) - GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification

- Change the dvdwriter because old one doesnot read well.What brand and model do you suggest?

that shouldn't be a problem to change. the one you listed right there should work.

but IMO (aside from getting a new dvd burner because you can reuse that), you should just save up some more money so that you can get upgrades that will actually be worthwhile.

I agree, the pc is dated, and putting more money into it, especially ddr ram and an agp gpu is kinda a waste. You would be better off building a whole now computer with the money....

you said you have 1.5gigs of ram so im guessing you have a 1gig stick and a 512mb stick. so you're asking if it would be better to sell your current 512mb stick and replace it with another 1gig stick correct?

your mobo has 4 ram slots and you're currently only using 2 slots, so why dont you just keep your current ram, and buy another stick of ram?

your pc is already pretty old as it is, so it would not be in your best interest to invest too much more money to keep it running.

your mobo only has 1 agp slot and 3 pci expansion slots, so your options for a gfx card will be limited and will cost you more.
GA-8IG1000MK (Rev 1.x) - GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification

that shouldn't be a problem to change. the one you listed right there should work.

but IMO (aside from getting a new dvd burner because you can reuse that), you should just save up some more money so that you can get upgrades that will actually be worthwhile.

Yes it has 1+512 and has 4 slots.I want tı replace because i think it works well if it workds dual like 1+1 or 512+512,doesnot it? And also i dont use so much ram space,for example now 900 mbram is free.I dont need actually ram but my thought was that it works faster if they are same and double.

My pc is old. I save money but for laptop,ı dont think to buy a new desktop for 1-2 years unless i win a lottery.So i have to use this computer.

You said 1 agp slot and 3 pci slots. So can i use only agp gpu? I found a 2600 pro ati,is it suitable?

I didnot understand your comments about dvd writer. My current cd reader cant read so well.Sometimes freezes,the dvd reader driver cant be opened.

And different from those,what upgrades do you suggest? What should i buy up to you?A new cpu?Because i think my cpu is good,my brother has quad core in next room but mine is faster for example at online games etc.

I agree, the pc is dated, and putting more money into it, especially ddr ram and an agp gpu is kinda a waste. You would be better off building a whole now computer with the money....

Yes you are right.But i need this computer,especially gpu because i want to play some games etc.

Because i want to save money,i dont have any income too much.So i want to use this.

The games are not so new. It would be good to play new games; crysis 2 godfather ettc but i want to play counter strike 1.6 online,maybe metin2 online,pes 2006,maybe pes 2010 if gpu is enough...Maybe a low gpu can be enough?

I found a 3650 ati(model was like that.). It is agp, and seller says i can play new games with it,also directx10x etc.Do you suggest this gpu?Ä°t is expensive because.

an hd 3650 should handle a game like CS 1.6 pretty decently i think, but the seller saying that it can play new games is just BS, he just wants to sell you the card.

just make sure it is an agp gfx card.

You meant ATÄ° SAPPHÄ°RE 3650HD 512MB 128BÄ°T DDR2 Directx 10.1 this card?

Also any 128 mb or 256 mb card can play cs and others i said?So which do you suggest?

I found a 3650 ati(model was like that.).

you said you found a 3650, so thats the card i was referring to.

Also any 128 mb or 256 mb card can play cs and others i said?So which do you suggest?

it would be better if you could tell us the gfx card model, you cant just measure performance by how much memory the card has.

an example: an hd 4870 (512mb) is much better than a 9500gt (1gb). the 9500gt is not better just because it has more memory.

if youre looking at 2 different cards, we can tell you if one is better than the other, but i cant suggest anything specific to you because i dont know what is available to you.

I dontknow exatclty too.

I want to buy a new dvd writer;when i take a new system i can use it there.Should i buy expensive or a simple can be snough?
For example

SH-S223C 22X ± DOUBLE LAYER SATA DVD writer,how is this?aLSO can i find ide of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom