Your opinions for my upcoming Computer parts [Quad Core Based]

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannoN

Solid State Member
Hi all,

I would like to hear Your opinions for my upcoming Computer parts [Quad Core Based].

I will say why i chose every part :).

Note: Dont ask me why im buying from amazon.

This pc will mainly be for gaming, video editing and graphics

Intel Core Duo Q6600
I already bought it.
Why I chose this part: Future-Proof.

Ram: OCZ 2GB 800MHZ DDR2 Kit
Amazon.com: OCZ 2GB 800MHZ DDR2 Kit: Electronics
$117.11
Why I chose this part: Great price, and great performance too.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R - Motherboard - ATX - iP35 - LGA775 Socket - UDMA133, Serial ATA-300 (RAID) - Gigabit Ethernet - HD Audio (8-channel)
Amazon.com: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R - Motherboard - ATX - iP35 - LGA775 Socket - UDMA133, Serial ATA-300 (RAID) - Gigabit Ethernet - HD Audio (8-channel): Electronics
$149.02
Why I chose this part: Highly Overclockable + Good price

HIS Radeon HD 2900XT 512 MB GDDR3 Graphics Card
Amazon.com: HIS Radeon HD 2900XT 512 MB GDDR3 Graphics Card: Electronics
$399.99 (I want your opinion on this part especially)
Why I chose this part: Just like this

Western Digital Caviar 250GB SATA Hard Drive 16 MB Cache ( WD2500KS )
Amazon.com: Western Digital Caviar 250GB SATA Hard Drive 16 MB Cache ( WD2500KS ): Electronics
$75.99
Why I chose this part: Fast.

Gigabyte 3D Aurora Tower GZ-FSCA1-ANB ATX/MicroATX Case (Black)
Amazon.com: Gigabyte 3D Aurora Tower GZ-FSCA1-ANB ATX/MicroATX Case (Black): Electronics
$135.98
Why I chose this part: I like it.

Zalman CPU Fan With 70mm Fan LED (CNPS9500 LED-CU)
Amazon.com: Zalman CPU Fan With 70mm Fan LED (CNPS9500 LED-CU): Electronics
$52.99
Why I chose this part: I will be overclcoking so i will need this.

Corsair CMPSU-620HX 620W SLI Certified Modular ATX Power Supply
Amazon.com: Corsair CMPSU-620HX 620W SLI Certified Modular ATX Power Supply: Electronics
$159.99
Why I chose this part: Very good quality + future proof.

:D

hahaha....i chose the 2900 xt for the same exact reason. Seagate hard drives tend to be better... If you can...get a thermalright ultra 120 extreme. Crucial Ballistix are cheaper ($80 after mir) and perform better

oh, and newegg.com has some of the some of the stuff for less $$$

why on gods green earth would you ever buy from amazon.com? newegg.com has virtually everything you have for cheaper.

id suggest crucial ballistix ram, its $110 w/ a 20 or 30 dollar MIR and better than OCZ.

Secondly, gofor the seagate barracuda 7200.10 250gb perpendicular recording technology 16mb cache, those things are dynamite.

also, id suggest getting the evga 8800gts 320mb over the radeon, on par performance, except the nvidia is better made, more overclockable, more reliable, and cheaper, (IMO)

finally, youll probably be fine with a corsair 520hx.

also, id suggest getting the evga 8800gts 320mb over the radeon, on par performance, except the nvidia is better made, more overclockable, more reliable, and cheaper

more overclockable? the 2900 xt's overclock very well, more so than the 8800 gts's if i remember correctly. also the 2900 xt is starting to perform a bit better than the 8800 gts's... But anyways, the 8800 gts 320mb is a great card for the price

How can you say that the nvidia card is "better made" when tests show that the radeon, provided you can get rid of the heat can overclock well past any other card on the market. This shows that the radeons have better components in them and thus are "better made"

Note: Dont ask me why im buying from amazon.

For some reason i think asking him why he is buying from amazon is stupid, but hey, thats just me!! :)

He obviously has a good reason for doing so(i hope?) so unless he feels like revealing this secret to us i dont think asking him will change anything.

As far as the ATi vs Nvidia

The ATi card is a better choice. This is coming from an nvidia supporter. Its a back and forth game and ATi got nvidia on this one in my opinion. :p

Riznarf
why on gods green earth would you ever buy from amazon.com? newegg.com has virtually everything you have for cheaper.

If you read my post, i said, "Dont ask me why im buying from amazon."

id suggest crucial ballistix ram, its $110 w/ a 20 or 30 dollar MIR and better than OCZ.

I will think about it.

Secondly, gofor the seagate barracuda 7200.10 250gb perpendicular recording technology 16mb cache, those things are dynamite.

I will think about it too.

also, id suggest getting the evga 8800gts 320mb over the radeon, on par performance, except the nvidia is better made, more overclockable, more reliable, and cheaper, (IMO)

for my past years i've been nvidia, i'd like to change :).

finally, youll probably be fine with a corsair 520hx.

its more future proof, so when card like 9800 release ......

,and thanks for helping everyone ;)

No problem cannon id like to welcome you to our forums. Feel free to stick around :) and post back when you get your project started or have more questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom