Your opinions on this computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
to JBones, "Well, my understanding is that problems crop up for a small minority of users with almost all but the best models, even now that the industry is starting to warm up. So, I'll go over those bad reviews in detail, but again, my thinking is that it's the people with problems who submit reviews-- not the people for whom it's clear sailing. "

i completly agree with you, i used to think like that too, but think about it, they don't do it just for this model. happens for all models, and this one happens to have less that 5 eggs, which i miself would trust to spend over $100+ on. And also, good reviews come from those that are impressed. So overall, they balance out.

I don't have one of these, but a buddy of mine is gettin it. and this one has 285 reviews, averaging out 5stars/5. I say it's still the better buy for the price.

but i didn't know you're willing to go that high, so yea, ignore this, but ignore the hyundai, too. get a xerox or something, the brightness on those pretty much blind you on first sight.

if you are happy with your current monitor screw a new one.

if you get a new one go with a cheap crt 21"

like half the price and they are better then most LCDs right now

Uh, the 21"+ CRT monitors I've seen cost upwards of $350. And they weigh 60 pounds.

Not to mention a 21" CRT is only about 19" viewable.

No, I don't have any complaints regarding my current 17" BenQ, but bigger is better.

i wouldnt say that was all that great a deal either. for a start the cpu wont last u more than a year if ur wanting to play games that use dual core like UT2007. so then that would b like $1200 including the added cpu. i think it would b better to just build ur own.

Here's how I see it:

To just begin building a brand new system...

CPU: 3700+ (San Diego)
MOBO: Asus A8N-E
GPU: EVGA Geforce 7900GT
RAM: 1GB "decent brand"

Including tax, that would cost me about $950 USD. That's from a decent local retailer-- as a Canadian, I don't have access to Newegg.

I could use the soundcard I have. But I'd still need a HD, DVD-RW drive, case, PSU, and OS. Good-but-nothing-special parts, that adds at least another $350 USD, taxes included.

So, for a savings of $400, I'm getting a system with an only slightly slower CPU and GPU. Plus, I'm getting a couple of good games gratis.

And if I want to upgrade the CPU a year or more down the road, I imagine I'll be able to get a decent deal on a 4400+ or 4800+ or something once AM2 has come out.

$90
Microsoft Windows XP

$50
Any Case

$51.50
FSP Group 450 Watt PSU

$74
MSI K8N Neo4-F

$235
3700+

$159 (AR)
EVGA 7600GT

$149
G.Skill 2x1GB

$50.99
SeaGate Barracuda 80GB

Use existing Optical

Thats $859.49 so thats just a idea of a build

Okay, the 7800GT is slower than the 7900GT, and more expensive. Also, you can't even find a 7800GT anywhere anymore.

The only thing about the 7900GT is that it'll be easily bottlenecked by your Athlon 64 3200+, so either do some heavy OCing on that 3200+ or go with the 7600GT (slower, but also nearly half as much and still solid).

I'd really go for the 7900GT, Opteron 144, DFI Nforce 4 Ultra-D, and some OCZ or G.Skill PC4000 2x512mb memory though. The Opteron basically is a slightly slower 3200+ with doubled the L2 cache (better), and has much better OCing potential. OCZ and G.Skill work great with DFI, and the PC4000 memory will give you more room to work with when OCing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom