Your CPU and modern games: A guide to those building.

System requirements are a joke and I'd take them with a grain of salt. Let's take Fallout 4 for example. They put minimum an i5 2500 or a Phenom 2 X4 945. Do you know how much more powerful an i5 2500 is compared to that X4? An i3 will run circles around it. Fallout 4 is a 1-2 core game like Skyrim, there's no reason to require a quadcore let alone an i7 for recommended. I believe they're doing it based on clock speed, which my article also addresses as a dumb way to analyze performance.

Too bad this thread is old. I hope nobody will get mad if I necropost it a little? :whistling: The point is - I got Hogwarts Legacy on Steam not so long ago. My PC doesn't exactly meet minimal requirements, anyway it works without any issues. I was wondering, how is that actually possible.

Because the biggest issue most people face with any hardware is stuttering which is generally fixed by locking the framerate to 60fps. As to requirements, it's a guideline. UE4 scales well because it's old so lower resolutions and settings could be playable on hardware older than they might have listed.

Back
Top Bottom