Your advice on this new core i3 build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-H55M-S2H LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Newegg.com - Intel Core i3-540 Clarkdale 3.06GHz 4MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 73W Dual-Core Desktop Processor BX80616I3540

Newegg.com - Kingston 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model KVR1333D3/4GR

Newegg.com - LOGISYS Computer PS575XBK 575W ATX12V SLI Ready Power Supply (new since feburary 1st)

Newegg.com - Galaxy 43GGS8HX3SPZ GeForce GT 430 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card x2 (own one already)

Newegg.com - XCLIO 256 Color Fan - 14cm 140mm 256 colors LED Case Fan (moving my Aerocool's vx-e 140mm fan in the in the bottom of the case)

The thermal grease already on the Intel heatink fan will come off and be replaced with tuniq x2 to give it a fresh cool start.

Given that my phenom ii fails to boot this weekend, this build will take it's place on monday night at 7pm given the fact the mobo isn't DOA... >_>

Thanks in advance for any opinions or advice.

No, nightfox I am not going that rout ever, and besides that if I stay with intel for a long time I will most likely save up 300.00 for a core i7 by the middle of july.
Compare this core i3 to the sandy bridge core i3 and this cpu and most ways beats that thing performance wise.
Better L2 cache, better OC'ing performance, if I went sandy bridge route the mobo and cpu alone would cost me over 300.00.
Look at intels current prices for mobo's and middle classs cpu's and you'll understand where I am coming from with this.
That was one of my main reasons for sticking with AMD for this long.
If I wanted a 8 core from AMD by the middle of spring, they would be easiest to buy from and get things off the ground by early june with the prices they setup.

but sandy bridge is $200 and a board is like $100ish.. and the 1156 socket is pretty much dead there aren't going to be many more processors to come out for it, maybe a 32nm proc, but once those are out they're dropping those and going full on SB which will definitely happen by july. and once they have new boards out they'll drop in price and they'll release some more procs than just the 2500 and 2600's.

Compare this core i3 to the sandy bridge core i3 and this cpu and most ways beats that thing performance wise.

and are you saying that the i3 beats the SB performance wise?

and why wait for an amd hexacore when sb has 8 virtual which is just as good seeing as how programs are barely optimized for dual cores.

I just said AMD is going to be releasing a 8 core later on this year when they go 8 core and 12 core it will not be the same six core you see in regular AM3 sockets.
AMD knows the AM3 socket is failing fast and they have some surprises that you might be interested in.
Talk to the AMD technician and manager on the phone briefly and they said they are getting ready to put their new lineup on the market real soon.

Yes peter look at the core i3 540, the core i3 550 specs, look at intels new sandy bridge core i3 specs look at the current prices passed newegg.com
The stuff isn't cheap man you and I both know that, out of neweggs.com current sandy brige lineup 2 of those mobo'd are near or at 100.00 bucks.
Need something stable or with decent features your going to pay more, just like the cpu's.
I don't have 200.00 dollars or more to dish out like that especially the fact I have bills and other important people to pay everymonth.

Like I said if I weren't going for intel build for my mother I would not have bothered to look for the parts last month.

even so whatever new line up AMD has to offer will only be realistically competing with the i7 lineup which is being phased out.

the pentium D was a dual core p4 and you know as well as any that just adding extra cores to an older architecture didn't make it any better. unless AMD gets away from their current architecture and comes out with something new and improved that can compete with the likes of sandy bridge, you could have 16 cores and it would just be behind the innovation 8-ball of intel.

and all the decent mobo's have been taken off and the revision 2 boards are coming out soon which will drop the prices of a lot of the boards, and the 2500k is $200, and add $100 for a board and you're at $300 which is what you're looking at for an i7 setup, so why spend the same amount of money for a slower and dead socket?

also the SB i3 is cheaper, will overclock better than any of the i3's, and is faster than the i3 560 and hasn't been slated for discontinuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom