**** you vista! The famed 'mute' problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
if nobody wants it then they can turn it off

for the most part people make too big of a deal over vista, its an alright os.

Yes, but regular people don't even know its called UAC, or know that you can even turn it off. For example my dad went for 2 months with it on, until I told him he could turn it off, cause he thought it was annoying. Vista is alright if they would fix the compatibility issues with hardware, and fix the RAM it takes up.

much better to stick all the parts in and install vista so all the bells and whistles look shiny
Too bad half the bells are incompatible and a third of the whistles don't have drivers... ;)

if you can't figure out how to turn off UAC then you shouldnt be on a computer in the first place, let alone buying vista. SP1 is a rollup update so most/a lot of its already been released. I'm still trying to find something I use that's had a compatability issue, and im running all old parts. Works fine for some, others use different programs/hardware it may have trouble with. If you don't want vista go 'Obtain' another copy of xp. I'll even PM you a site if you want.

Thanks, but i'll find another way to deal with my computer issue, i prefer to stay 'legal' =)

I have vista and the DS3R which is basically the same board as yours. I had problems with the sound drivers at first, but eventually got them working. Maybe see if you can find some earlier driver versions and try them.

I have an X-Fi and have numerous problems with sound. I'm not convinced that it is entirely your sound chip drivers. Creative took ages to get somewhat working drivers for Vista. The way sound is processed by the OS is different than predecessor OS's so I think it is causing all sorts of headaches.

I have an X-Fi and have numerous problems with sound. I'm not convinced that it is entirely your sound chip drivers. Creative took ages to get somewhat working drivers for Vista. The way sound is processed by the OS is different than predecessor OS's so I think it is causing all sorts of headaches.

yeah the way the sound is processed in vista is different to xp, and boy can you see the difference, well i could when i went from xp to vista the BACK to xp, the sound on xp is wayyyyyy better, im also using an x-fi card with half decent speakers(logitech x530)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom