**** you vista! The famed 'mute' problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aesrin

In Runtime
Well i just built my PC yesterday with the help of people on here, and i just figured out this morning that i have no sound. I downloaded the lasted driver from gigabyte's website, but no luck. It's showing my speakers and my headphones as 'not plugged-in', although they are. There is also an 'x' by the speaker icon on my taskbar. I'm using the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L. Any suggestions?

Oh god, my advice, install xp, at least for the next few months until sp1 comes out for vista

I can't, i sold my xp. And i'm sorry for the title of this thread, i didn't realise that dam 'n' was considered profanity here.

I can't, i sold my xp. And i'm sorry for the title of this thread, i didn't realise that dam 'n' was considered profanity here.
lol i know ive done it before dont worry.

Shame you sold your xp cd, could get OEM version of xp for like £50 or $100 i think it is in US

Oh...you were saying dam 'n'? :D

That's the thing with censoring it...then I'm just left to my imagination! I couldn't imagine anyone being so mild with "&$#@ you Vista"....haha.

You sure you got the right drivers for the version of Vista you are using?

vista is fine, it's an OS
your sound card driver maker needs to make a better driver
or show you how to actually do things right
could be you have things plugged in wrong and are upset over nothing ;)

seriously, a lot of people want MS/Win/Vista to be responsible for everything...shouldn't be so. Tried reading the installation procedure yet? 90% of people don't.

Oh god, my advice, install xp, at least for the next few months until sp1 comes out for vista

Have they released any information on Service Pack 1, I searched on google and I couldn't find anything on what the update will include or fix. I hope they fix the RAM issues, and all the compatibility issues, and maybe they took out the UAC, cause nobody wants it.

vista is fine, it's an OS
your sound card driver maker needs to make a better driver
or show you how to actually do things right
could be you have things plugged in wrong and are upset over nothing ;)

seriously, a lot of people want MS/Win/Vista to be responsible for everything...shouldn't be so. Tried reading the installation procedure yet? 90% of people don't.

why would I do that much better to stick all the parts in and install vista so all the bells and whistles look shiny :D

Have they released any information on Service Pack 1, I searched on google and I couldn't find anything on what the update will include or fix. I hope they fix the RAM issues, and all the compatibility issues, and maybe they took out the UAC, cause nobody wants it.

if nobody wants it then they can turn it off

for the most part people make too big of a deal over vista, its an alright os.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom