you know the drill :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
hiya guys been here a while now finally going to build my dream system. but still cant decide on the motherboard

Mobo: 680i or Asus P5N32 SLI Premium/WiFi-AP

Cpu: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

Ram: 2GB (2x1GB) CorsairTwinX XMS2, DDR2 PC2-6400 (800)

Videocard: 320MB BFG Technology 8800GTS overclocked

Hdd: 2x 500Gb Seagate ST3500630AS Barracuda 7200.10 sata
1x320 Gb Seagate ST3320620AS Barracuda 7200.10 sata

optical drives: 2xSony AW-G170ASV Silver 18x DVD±RW x12 Ram Dual Layer DVD-Writer oem ide
1xNEC AD-7170S-0S 18x DVD±RW/RAM silver internal SATA oem

Psu: Antec truepower 2.0 430watt 70% efficiency (301 watt actual)

Extras: Arctic Silver 5
Zalman CNPS9500

do i need any extra cables? will 4 Sata drive cables and 1 ide master and slave be provided? And on the 1 IDE i can put 2 optical drives right??

Thankyou for any help it will be much appreciated this all comes to 1013 pounds not good to waste it :cool:

Matt

It depends if you need any other cables. I'm guessing that the 2 HD's are SATA, and the 2 Optical Drives are IDE?

For example, my motherboard came with 2 ide cables (master & slave) and 4 sata cables. It all depends on what comes with your motherboard. (I say this because only the NEC drive says OEM). I would have to guess that the motherboard is going to come with some cables, but just to be sure, wait till you get all of your parts, then see what cables you need.

P5B Deluxe. SLI is crappy anyway and so are physics cards for the 680i. It is totally not worth the money and will never be so you might as well us tet a P5B deluxe rather than an 680i. Plus they have too many bugs right now for the amount of money that you pay for them so your better off just still going with a P5B Deluxe or even better.

P5B Deluxe, I second you. Sli have very little performance upgrade. Only about 20%, also 680i boards have lots of problems. Crashes, slow boots, not recognizing the harddrisk for over 5 mins. What I would do, is look at both of there web sites/ forums and you can see the wore stories. Also, what resolution is your moniter. If it high or wide screen. I would get the 640 for better framerate in higher resolutions.

I recommend on a little stronger PSU than that, with 3 HDDs and 3 optical drives, you're probably pushing it with 34 amps on 12v rail. :\

You can save money in a lot of places. I would go all out in trying to get 150 more bucks for an 8800GTX. You can save 70 bucks by going to a P5B Deluxe first off,

Second I am NOT a fan of the Corsair XMS2 Line. For the most part you are paying for the name now. I would much rather get this over the your current ones.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231098

MUCH Cheaper and G.Skill is amazing ram. They will boot right up with the P5B Deluxe we are recommending. That will save you another 80 and with that you can get an 8800GTX and really be smoking.

the ram costs 138 pounds and it is the cheapest brand name pair i can find the price difference is stupid across the pond utterly unfair.

changed the mobo to
Asus P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP iP965

the cheapest gtx is 357 pounds the cheapest gts 640mb is 257. the one I have chosen is 194 which is nearly 400 dollars.

If you think you could build a better system please use these English websites:

www.scan.co.uk
www.dabs.com
www.ebuyer.com

thankyou for your suggestions

p.s. the screen I will be using is at first one Viewsonic VX2245WM and then an extra VX2235WM in the easter probably to run as dual monitor

this is the link:
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=480130

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom